Tuesday 11 January 2011

almost eating gone off chicken

i suppose could be one of my greatest fears in life. my mother has many irrational worries in life, the other day i was telling my boyfriend he wasn't allowed to hang pictures in frames above his bed as i have an ingrained conviction that in the night they will fall off and kill me. thanks for that one mum, in a room with little wall space this is somewhat restricting.

but, on a less irrational level, the fear of food poisoning is certainly founded. and this chicken smelt bad and had gone brown. even in my essay bound state, this was one step too far on the food level. i counter acted this predicament by buying a series of very reduced food items from tesco (the risk of gone off food did not appear to effect by desire to save money). this also facilitated me eating what was perhaps the first fruit of 2011 as well. joy.

other food adventures in the last week have included the absolute treat of Jesmond Tandoori, home made burgers, and fajitas. the take away was the highlight, this fact should really shame me i guess.

tonight i shall try and redeem myself with a pork and sausage casserole.
this really only involves:
- a large pot
-potatoes
- carrots
-onions
-celery
- actually, whatever veg you have to hand (after my trip to the reduced section, this now also includes mushrooms, plum tomatoes and parsnips)
- cider
-sage
-pork/sausage/both if you love your meat as much as i do
-canned tomatoes, salt and pepper, stock cubes- all that boring, necessary stuff that's a really pain to have to buy.


Get your pot hot, put in your ingredients, fry for a while, then add your liquidous items, and leave in the over for around 2.5 hours.

As its already half 6, and no attempts have been made to even start prep, it looks to be a late dinner for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment