Tuesday 23 March 2010

White Blank Page

a first.

on returning home, experiencing an existential crisis and deleting my facebook i have decided to take up this form of 21st century diary.Since most of the musing in my heads revolve around the two f's, i cannot think of a better thing to write about. both sumptuous, essential and BEAUTIFUL.
I started my full time job again, to pay for my taste for the finer things in life. In my head, i would dress something like Maggie Gyllenhaal in this:

Alas, as ever in my life reality does little to correspond to fantasy. A pencil skirt more tired than I am by the end of a day moving items out of alphabetical order into numerical does not flatter so well as it did when purchased 4 years ago. No enticing voluptuous curves, and heels would frankly kill me. must.try.harder. preppy chic tomorrow in the form of a high waisted belted soft grey silk skirt.

Food, on the other hand has seen a major turn up for the books as of late, and i won't lie to you, i feel that may have something to do with the lack of involvement i have had in cooking it. returning home to a somewhat dry chicken meal did lower my expectations, however the arrival of a meat pie on my table after a hard days work almost made me regress back to some earlier form of womanhood and feel it should have been my place in the kitchen making such delights. o father, how i admire your ability to make pastry that crispy yet not dry,melt in my mouth succulent meat and lashing of gravy. AND then a banoffe pie (with strawberries!). incredible. just a shame i'm on a diet. although that didn't stop me fridge raiding in my insomnia induced hunger. apparently after 3 months of not sleeping till 2, my body doesn't agree with school night bed times.

Currently Listening to: Zane Lowe (getting back into the radio this holiday)/I Speak because I can - Laura Marling (more on this later)

Currently reading: The Road - Cormac Mccarthy (my life, how i love.)/Reading in the Dark - Seamus Deane

No comments:

Post a Comment