Wednesday 14 April 2010

Big brothers have more use than beating up school bullies.

not that mine ever did this for me, he was my sole tormentor during our childhood years. and, it's true, kids are cruel, sibiligs crueler. After countless trips to A&E suffered at his hand, he is now making it up to me by rewriting my cv and making me sound vaugely employable. just a pity i had already emailed my awful cv to just about every person I could think of, massive fml but nothing can be done now unfortunately.

as the days draw to a close on my easter employment, I am increasingly looking toward summer and thinking ' shit the likelyhood of working here again is well, really really likely'. another fml. it would perhaps give me vast opportunity to practice my 'smartcasual' work look however.
'smart-cas' as im sure those in the know call it, seems to me a ludicrous statement. it says, please both be smart and casual at the same time. sorry, WHAT? you want me to dress it two opposite ways at the same time. right. i apologise but woman to my sadness, can only wear so many clothes at the same time, and as great as conceptual fashion is, i don't really feel this is the appropriate place to be experimenting with dual use clothes. DO YOU? tomorrow, i may rock up wearing shorts with an optional tail coat for those smarter occasions. or heels made from pencils, from when i need to take down all my important 'business' notes.
ha. i just laughed to myself at the mere conception of me having important business notes.

The end of the working day does also mean an end to my packed lunches, a novelty from the age of 6 that hasn't ceased just yet. except now the creation powers are all mine, smoked salmon and cream cheese with salad today. the side orders now wain however, crisps, chocolate are out. apples and bananas are in in in and around my mouth. diet fail today with a plethora of cheese on offer in my fridge, which would be to the delight of my friends who are currently all suffering from the quite bizarre craze of continually telling cheese themed jokes. and let me tell you, there is nothing cheesy about these jokes, they are just utterly terrible, cringingly awful.

The latest awful one: why did the cheese do worse than everyone else in her exams? she red-less-duh

exactly.

Currently listening to: Goldfrapp - very 80s, very madonna. i don't think either of these things are bad.
Currently looking forward to: NCL. I have missed you too much.

1 comment:

  1. Um. Isn't smart/casual halfway between smart and casual?
    Then again what do I know, I've never had a job.

    ReplyDelete