Thursday 22 April 2010

topshop and treading water.

I have once again returned to my more favoured climate, and life has resumed its more natural routine of missed lectures, afternoon pints, far too many trips to topshop and general inactivity inbetween in my blissful double bed. all of this i approve of heavily.

what i do not approve of is not having any shitting money, the inability to adaquately look after myself, and not enough coathangers. is this really going to be the bane of my life forever?
i arrived with my summer wardrobe packed away, cue prim and proper for this season, (currently sporting as i write this, a polo with a hair waisted a line pleated pink skirt, and vintage grey cardi.) my problems arise when i try and store away these lovely items. i just don't have room for any more clothes.
this problem could be solved in numerous ways, each of which i have deliberated.
1. throw away some of my clothes.
2. stop buying clothes i don't need and can't afford.
3. triple hang every item in my wardrobe.

clearly, and sensibly, i went for the latter option. and then followed this by buying more clothes.
the latest purchases are however, of course, very necessary including an acid wash blue body, white slip on pumps which haven't left my feet since i bought them, white and black peep toe flats with a bow, and a black and white cardigan chanel style front with bow. very prim, very proper. i obviously have a monochrome thing going on.
i guess if i were a proper blogger and not without my self concious hangups i would take pictures of myself modeling said clothes, but the previous two statements mustn't be true because i cannot bring myself to do this.

here however is something much more interesting, coathanger art. what i could do if only i had this many.


Currently listening to: High Violet the sublime new album from the National. debateably better than alligator or boxer, but then i side with boxer on the prestanding debate so it's all up in the air now.

Currently doing: all the work i have been denying i have looming over me, but really when did work consist of watching trainspotting and this is england. the essay is not going well. my snack consumption however is at an all time high.

No comments:

Post a Comment